Sunday, July 13, 2008

The beginning for me

For whatever reason, today is the day I decided to join the masses and start blogging. Yes, I'd jump off the bridge if everyone else was doing that too!

So...for today:
The kids and I picked up Matt, Brandy and Darean and we went to the zoo for a few hours. The boys went nuts running around, I don't think they really even looked at any animals for the first 20 minutes. They sure had fun though and it was a beautiful day for the zoo, not too hot!
This evening after supper Todd took the kids in the pool while I took pictures, I was not a fan of the cold water. (but I said I would jump off a bridge) Evva didn't really like it either but she got used to it and splashed around in her little boat. Layne loves his new flutter board, rides it in the water like a horse though! As for Todd, the man who didn't think the pool was a good idea in the first place, he lounged like a king on his cheapo raft.










We are now in search of a new gazebo...damn winds took ours down yesterday and snapped some of the frame. Todd took it back today, no questions asked....there is a reason people call it Stupidstore. We'll hit up Rona and buy the one we wanted in the first place, the one I didn't want to spend the money on, the one that will hold up in the harsh weather, the one that will make our backyard once again our own personal sanctuary. I can't believe we went without a gazebo last summer. There is NO refuge from the sun in the back and the gazebo provides shelter from the sun AND those awful blood thirsty mosquitos.

2 comments:

The Keowns said...

LOL! so you have been sucked into blogger world....I had to laugh because I almost bought a gazebo at superstore but Steve insisted it wouldn't survive a Winnipeg storm...I guess he was right.

RF said...

I saw Todd without his shirt on and the rest is a blur.